Sunday 30 March 2014

King Kay - Tears - An analysis


The song starts out with a generic chorus which was built in with the beat ...the YHB(young hustler baby) tag was a good call . It displays some  form of musical intelligence from the guy

Opening lyrics

I really can't believe That I did it again. Now I'm sitting in my room With eyes full of tears. I need you in my life, Please dont walk away. I'm tired of being the man, Girl I wana be your man.

a clear indication of deep regret from the writer ...a good play of words "i am tired of being the man , i wanna be your man'  This is an indication that the writer suffers from multiple personalities. He is something else to impress the general public and probably the sweetest guy when he is with his girlfriend 

 Like a DNA test, Let me tell you the truth Girl I lied and I cheated yeah I broke your heart Dont wana play the blame
here is a simple simile which we clearly do not expect in love songs ...DNA test have some sort of accuracy which the writer uses to pour out genuine feelings ...genius of him 

 Verse 2
Even though I hurt you You can't deny that I love you You know I do I mean look at all the things That we have been through When your daddy passed away I was there for you And your friends turned Against you I was there with you Baby you can't deny it I have always cared for you 

hmm is it me alone or do i sense some form of desperateness from the writer in this regard ? He is actually black mailing the girl into taking him back . Now i dont know about you but this usually happens when you really messed up and cannot justify it . its called love 

Baby girl I love you I would do anything Just to be with you And I am what I am Because of you  

the above lines reassure us of the opening lines of verse two ...its actually a good way of keeping your in check with your topic .

Verse 3Who will I call when I need some booty call? Above all,
Personally i am not happy with the opening lines of the third verse , it becomes a simple question of can you call your lover for a booty call ? it doesnt seem concrete

He goes on to ask the girl multiple questions that show us the nature of this dream relationship ..its beautiful really . The hopes , the dreams , the activities .
this is probably young love at its best and is bound to make you feel nostalgic. I guess the setting here would be 15/16 year olds ?? 
He drops the bomb with a "where ever you are i hope you can hear me" . Its is common for people writing about people they will never see to use that line. Its not an appeal nor does it show hope ?? i feel the last two lines should have had better conviction and weight 

Flow- 3/5
Beat- 5/5
Content- 4/5
Lyrical intelligence- 2/5
Articulation- 2/5
Overall- 5.5/10
*please note that these are my opinions. you can submit yours by commenting below

No comments:

Post a Comment